I would like to have the Created Vs Resolved gadget chart show the stories that are marked as Done. Is there anyway to do this using a post action. Do I need to set the resolution of a story to a different state than 'Done'?
I found the issue. We set resolution to 'Done' via post action, however the filter that I was using for the chart data was only using "Resolution in ("To Do", "In Progress"). I changed the filter to include all issues and it works as expected.
What does the issues resolution field show? If it is showing unresolved even if their status is done that's the reason behind your problem
Indeed, the chart doesn't have any function for using anything other than the resolution field. You need to configure it so that resolution is set when going into "done" and cleared when coming out of it.
Or by including a screen at the very last transition where you make the resolution field required.
Glad it is working for you!
I am using JIRA Software 7.3.7 and Service desk 3.5.1.
Eventhough there are tickets with done resolution , the reports Created Vs Resolved and gadget Created Vs Resolved does not show the correct counts for resolved tickets..
The resolution field is not hidden in my project.
IS this a bug within jira or I am doing something wrong here?
@Dev PoudelAre you doing it for one project or several projects?
I will suggest you here some triage before thinking it is a bug as filters can be tricky sometimes.
Try a filter at a project level "Created Vs Resolved" see if it is giving you the right count.
Also how do you know it is not giving you the right count?
How do you "clear" ... it makes you select a value and any value = resolution
also when trying to set with a workflow automation transition... it is NOT in the available field list to select... I am using JIRA Work Management project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.