Hi,
I've just installed Jira (v7.5.2). It's empty, no project in it yet; I'm the only user.
I was shocked when I saw it has already eaten 1+ GB memory.
I tried, with the same results:
- On Windows 10, with an msi installation
- On Ubuntu, with docker*
- On CentOS, with docker*
*I've tried both of these docker imagges:
cptactionhank/atlassian-jira
blacklabelops/jira
I can read in the official installation requirements that Jira should work with 2GB RAM up to 100 projects, 1000 issues and 100 users; but actually it's hard to believe.
For example, in Ubuntu, my empty Jira starts with 1.3GB. I only clicked some in the admin section, did not add any user or project or issue; it went up to 1.5GB!
Actually, the Jira's Java process was started with "-Xmx1g", but it seems to me the process somehow ignores it. I tried to decrease it to "-Xmx512m", did not seem to change anything.
Am I doing smg wrong, or is this normal?
Can one somehow decrease the memory footprint for small Jira instances?
Thank you!