Hello,
I am new at Jira.
Can you please help me and explain how do I invite people to view and edit my project? I sent the link but they failed to open it.
Thank you.
I'm afraid we will need more info here to be able to help you. What do you mean by view and edit the project. What does the last sentence mean? What link did you send out? Did you send it to individuals that are users in Jira and the project?
If you define someone as a user in Jira they should be able to view the project, create and edit issues, etc. unless you set permissions restricting access.
Hi,
Thank you for your help.
I started a software project (already added software versions and a few bugs). I want other team members to be able to see it and add also bugs to the project.
I sent the link the appears under 'project shortcuts' but they can't open it. I sent it to someone that is a user at Jira and is participating in other projects, but not in my project. Currently I am alone in my project.
it may be the link is not viewable by others. If they are a Jira user simply ask them to navigate to the project and see if they can access. Ask them to create an issue for that project. If they do not see the project then they don't have access to it. Check the Project>Project Settings>Permissions
How can they navigate to the project?
Under Project>Project Settings>Permissions I don't see any user.
Why can't I invite them by e-mail like in dropbox or something?
Thank you for your answers but it really didn't help me...
I can't find user management and I don't know how to add users (this is my problem).
I am currently in a free trial, maybe this is the problem?
Do you have admin rights? If not you should discuss w/ your admin. You are looking at users and roles not permissions in the screen above. You appear to be on Server version and not cloud so my screen are somewhat different. Also, on the screen above you have filtered by Roles = Admins. You should click on the down arrow and look at other options to view the other user groups that have access if any. Here is a view of my Permissions screen if it helps.
This documentation discusses permissions on server which may help as well.
Can you explain how do I turn my project to be on cloud and not on server? what is the difference?
Thank you
@Lilah Marziano, I'm not sure why you would want to move from server to cloud. Certainly you don't need to do so to solve your current problem. Have you spoken to your Jira system admin regarding your needs here?
Hello@Lilah Marziano,
Re-use ur screenshot, under Project Setting > Users and Role
1. Click on the add user to a role
2. Enter those JIRA users/users group you wish to allow project access.
3. Select the "Role" as Users / Administrator
(Note, this is a project role)
Your users should be able to access your project and create issue now.
For more information about Project User and Role, and the different between Role and Permissions. You may read this.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-roles-776636382.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.