Hi,
I have been trying to set up Confluence for days and I seem unable to get it to work, the install went through fine but it seems that I run into issues at every step, and I'm spending a fortune in upgrades from my hosting provider.
In the database setup step of the install process it seems to be "crashing" now with the following error:
com.atlassian.spring.container.ComponentNotFoundException: Failed to find component: Error creating bean with name 'i18NBean' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.util.i18n.I18NBean]: Factory method 'getI18NBean' threw exception; nested exception is java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet
And the error goes on forever, I can paste more info if needed.
Is this normal?
The process also seems to hang and after digging around this community (whose server is hosted on is incredibly flaky and forces you to reload the same page 3x times just to see it) it seems like increasing memory might solve the issue.
I would like to know how much memory is needed for Confluence to run properly as the more I see of the Confluence backend the less I like it and since I use shared hosting it looks like I might have to find something else.