Hello,
I've just migrated from Jira Software Cloud to Server on a self-hosted instance. Installation went fine, and the migration (following the Atlassian directions) went okay - issues are there, projects are fine, users migrated, etc. However, two persistent issues are bothering me, one minor and one less minor:
Minor: Attachment healthcheck seems to be throwing a spurious error.
In the Support tools (JIRA Administration -> System -> Support Tools), the Attachment Healthcheck reports an error ("The attachment (XXXX.jpg) for issue (XXXXX) could not be read."). In the server logs, the healthcheck for attachments is reporting that the file it's looking for is not there:
2017-11-11 13:11:38,521 HealthCheck:thread-5 WARN anonymous 785x35x1 218r8q 88.98.211.66,127.0.0.1 /secure/SetupImport.jspa [c.a.j.p.healthcheck.support.AttachmentHealthCheck] There was a RuntimeException when testing the attachment {0}
com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.NoAttachmentDataException: Attachment does not exist in filesystem /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/attachments/XXXXX/10000/XXXX-17/27560
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.getAttachmentData(DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.java:143)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.store.DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.getAttachment(DefaultFileSystemAttachmentStore.java:125)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.BackwardCompatibleAttachmentStore.getAttachment(BackwardCompatibleAttachmentStore.java:160)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.BackwardCompatibleAttachmentStore.getAttachment(BackwardCompatibleAttachmentStore.java:206)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultAttachmentManager.streamAttachmentContent(DefaultAttachmentManager.java:727)
[...]However, the files are definitely there on the filesystem, they have correct permissions (jira:jira), they're readable - and they actually show up on the issue in JIRA itself! (I can pull up the issue in the JIRA GUI and the attachment referenced is there and I can download / open it). The database seems to have the correct information as well.
Question: Why is the healthcheck failing when the issue has the attachment correctly linked?
Less minor: All of the avatars are gone.
I'm reporting this together as I think it might be related, so: all of the avatars are missing. In the server logs, I get similar errors as above:
2017-11-11 14:40:42,911 http-nio-8090-exec-16 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[.[.0.0.1].[/].[viewUniversalAvatarServlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet [viewUniversalAvatarServlet] in context with path [] threw exception
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/avatars/filenamehere.png (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
--
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.6]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_60]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_60]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [tomcat-util.jar:8.5.6]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_60]
, referer=http://35.189.112.121/projects/PROJID/issues/ISSUEID?filter=allopenissues, servletErrorMessage=}
Again, the files are correctly named and exist on the filesystem (under /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/avatars). They are readable and owned by the jira user.
The import did not copy over either the avatar or attachment directories, so I had to do a manual move on the server from the import directory, but I don't see why JIRA refuses to see the files on the filesystem and use them.
Question: Why are the avatars not being read from disk?
Can anyone give me a steer on these issues?