Hi,
I am interested in switching our very old fashioned SW-development process to JIRA and according to what I have already learned, I would best do this using JIRA Software, Confluence and Bitbucket, as well as some JIRA-addon for testing. I generally am convinced, that this is pretty much precisely what our development process needs, as our software is a medical product and requires compliance with the standard IEC 62304.
However, what I am concerned about, is the process of integrating our software into the system and kind of reverse-engineer the link between software-requirements and specifications, as well as tests and their results.
I am yet to try this and the solution might be very simple, however I wanted to get a professional opinion about this, before I blow hours of work, that wasnt even necessary.
In fact, the software, we are speaking about is over 20 years old and has constantly grown into countless numbers of different functions.
THanks in advance and best regards,
Oliver