Hi!
My target is, that a user can create an email with a defined receiver and a defined subject with one click.
I am using Confluence 5.10.8
The solution to create a new email is very easy.
(https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf51/using-a-link-to-create-a-new-email-message-336169395.html)
Insert -> Link, enter the email adress and i have my link including the mailto-function.
Now i want to use the mailto-function including a subject like on this page
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Could-I-create-a-mailto-link-with-subject-that-dynamically-fills/qaq-p/272015
Unfortunately i don't know how to add this macro
"<a href="mailto:m.mustermann@domain.com?subject=Here%20is%20the%20subject">linkname</a>"
into confluence.
And i don't know how to use the " report macro" from the second link in this questions, because i can't find this macro.
Does someone have an idea with perhaps some screenshots?
Thank you in Advance!
J
Hi Jürgen,
The example you gave works.
Essentially, you just write your text on the Confluence page, highlight it, click Insert Link, and choose Web link. Then you can paste this in the address:
mailto:m.mustermann@domain.com?subject=Here%20is%20the%20subject
Then, when clicking that link in the saved page, it automatically opens an email window with the recipient and the subject already filled in. I've tested this in Confluence 6.5.0.
In terms of the Reporting Macro, I'm not really sure what Heidi is referring to. It could possibly be the Reporting Macro from ServiceRocket.
Kind Regards,Shannon
I tried this on Confluence Cloud. It worked while I was in Edit mode but as soon as I published, the link got scrubbed. I don't know if it matters, but I was setting both a subject and a body.
On Confluence Cloud, I've been able to set the `subject` but when I add `body` the link is lost and you are left with blue underlined text. In the editor you can create a link like this:`mailto:user@example.com?subeject=my%20subject&body=my%20body` but as Derek mentions above, it fails silently and rather inelegantly during publishing.
Perhaps worth noting, you don't need to explicitly add `%20` for spaces, when creating the links, Confluence will insert them for you.
none of this works
Hello Conrad,
Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.
The specific instructions on this thread are for Confluence Server as it was 2 years ago, but the idea is still the same for Confluence Cloud.
I've created a video below that will help you to do this in Cloud on the new editor, as I suspect this is what you are using.
Could you give this a try and let me know if it works?
Regards,
Shannon
What about multiple recipients, and the body issue?
Hi Daniel,
My apologies, I missed when @Derek Price and @BenJoaquin Gouverneur mentioned this issue.
I'm using the new editor, and I just formatted my link like this, and it works:
mailto:user1@domain.com;user2@domain.com?subject=Here%20is%20the%20subject&body=Test%20Body
When I click this link, it opens up the email like this, which looks right to me:
Can you let me know how that goes?
Yes, same here. Adding body and testing before saving works great, but after saving it, the link no longer works and it is just a formatted string
you could use this mailto link generator
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.