So I just completed my sprint and it said I had 0 incomplete issues on my Active Sprints page. When I completed the sprint, the sprint was removed from the Agile Board view, but all the Story Issue Types were moved to the backlog rather than being removed. Each story status is in the final stage of the workflow, "Production". Production is definitely marked as a final stage in the Story issue type workflow (it's green on the workflow view).
Here's where it starts to get strange, and almost seems like I found a bug of some type. All these stories' Sprint fields are populated with 17.11 (name of completed sprint), and the query for the backlog issues is "project = SE and sprint is empty ORDER BY Rank ASC". So it should only show issues that have an empty sprint field. When I click the "view in issue navigator" button to the right of the Backlog title on the Agile board, a new page is loaded with the same query used for the backlog (but it's in the issue navigator screen). The list resulting from that query shows none of the issues showing in the backlog from the completed sprint I mentioned.
So I'm just trying to figure out why these stories from the sprint I just completed were moved to my project's backlog? How it's possible for them to be there when they have populated sprint fields, and the query says that the sprint has to be empty. Also, why would these stories not show up in the issue navigator when i use the exact same query used for the backlog on the Agile Board view?