Hi all,
We are missing some comments and i think i found them in cache\indexes\comments.
Do anyone know how to import them into Jira?
I already tried to Re-Index Jira, but this didn't work.
Best Regards,
Lukas
Hello,
Maybe you are not missing them. Maybe they were secured to a group or role to which you do not belong.
Exactly my thought too.
Comments don't "go missing" unless bad things happen. It's far more likely that you can't see them in the UI and there's nothing to "import". (And no, "I am an admin" is irrelevant when it comes to it, admin means admin, not "I can arbitrarily see stuff that I might not want to as a user")
Hi,
I pretty sure i'm missing them.
I received a notification mail which contains the comment.
When i open the link and i got forwarded to the issue, the comment is not displayed.
Best Regards
In scriptrunner console execute
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueByCurrentKey("issuekey")
ComponentAccessor.commentManager.getComments(issue).each{ it -> log.error(it.getBody()) }
And see if your comment is there
I have only recently started using Jira, but I have noticed that if a comment is made on an issue from the Android app then it would not show in the web client, it is only visible on the Android app, whereas comments, or "updates" as it is labeled on the Web client, made on the web client do show on both the app and the web.
Hi Bradley - I am from the Jira Android team.
I just stumbled across this comment by chance, this should not be happening - do you still see this happening/ are you able to reproduce it consistently?
Yes I have just tried and I am able to replicate. specifically the issue is on Jira Bugs where if I make a "Comment" from the app then neither I, nor anyone else, is able to see the "Comment" from the web client, however it is visible from the App. I have noticed that on Jira Bugs the heading of the "Comments" section is actually "Updates" so I'm thinking that may be the issue - that "Comments" made on the app are not marked as an "Update" and therefor don't show under "updates" in the web client. problem is that as far as I can tell there is no way to select to view "Comments" on the web client. Again this is specifically happening on Jira Bugs, The normal tickets on the sprint management side do show the heading "Comments" and all comments made from the App are visible on the web client and the app.
Interesting - I am not sure what the "Updates" section that you're referring to is, could you share a screenshot?
@Josh Carolan I actually had similar problem (no restrictions to the comment). I found it in "Activity" Tab in the history of the issue. The comment was quite long so when I clicked on Read more>>, the issue was reloaded, the URL has changed and comment appeared in the Comments section.
Normal url: xxx/browse/DGN-22623
Changed url: xxx/browse/DGN-22623?focusedCommentId=270878&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-270878
Is there a possibility that a comment might be too long to appear?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.