I want to make my table more compact by reducing the
space between lines in cells which have more than 1 line
of text in them. I see how to change the justification, font, etc.,
but not the spacing.
Dear Kevin,
Confluence does have function out-of-the-box function change spacing. You can override by using Javascript for change css parameters on space level or on Global level.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-use-javascript-in-confluence-313458839.html
Or can change only for one page by using source editor in edit mode. (you need click button <>)
Cheers,
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Dear Gonchik,
thanks for your answer. I'm most interested in changingthe spacing for just one page. I'm working on a pageunder wiki.ucar.edu, which apparently is built using Confluence. When I first view the page, I see an edit button, which takes me to a version of the page that I can edit. I'm not able to change the spacing on that page.I don't see any other button <> to edit in any other way, such as source editing. Where should I find that button?
Kevin
I simply want to change line spacing just for my space on a page.
@DanielJ210 As I understand you want to change for all page in the one space.
If it is, just set css parapeter
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/What-is-the-CSS-selector-to-control-line-spacing-between-list/qaq-p/264218
in the space Look and feel place See below https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/styling-confluence-with-css-166528400.html
Hope it helps.
I have found the exact same thing, and the answer is that when you hit return in table cell within confluence, it adds a CR and a CRLF. If you paste into notepadd++ or similar editor you will see. If you copy into notepadd++, press the show special characters icon, remove the extra CR and then paste back it will be single line spacing. It does seem like a confluence bug.
Save the trip between editors: Shift + Enter
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.