Is it possible to Auto fill the Description field with some data based on a Component that has been selected?
Dear Ashish,
Yes. This can be quite easily configured with;
Automation for Jira
You can create an Automation rule which does the following;
When Issue is created, and component = ''Example'' then edit Issue Description ''Value''. Will be glad to make and send you an example.
Friendly Regards,
Jeremy Mooiman
That would be great, If I could get an example.
I believe you are talking about Project Automation. Correct me, if I am wrong.
Nopes, I am talking about the add-on; Automation for Jira by Code Barrel. ThisĀ Automation module is alot more powerful than the standard JIRA automation. With the standard JIRA Automation you can also look for Issues with certain Components... although you will not be able to edit fields such as description with it. You can do that with the Automation by Code Barrel;
I have created the below rule for you.
Hope this will help!
Jeremy
I followed the example that you created for me, but was not able to achieve the desired results, am I missing something?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.