What ist the JQL to find the issues which have a flag in the backlog?
Flagged = Impediment from the descrpition in https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue *does not work*
Hi Sven
The Flagged item is a strange one.
To check if an item is flagged or not use
Flagged is EMPTYFlagged is not EMPTY
"Field 'Flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."
I am JIRA Admin
Admin rights don't matter to what you can or can't see on issues. Project rights determine that.
This error message means either that the field does not exist, or it is not used in any project you can see.
Do you have Jira Software installed, and have you got access to at least one Software project?
In the German edition the field flagged is called "markiert" and
"markiert is not EMPTY" works
I had to actually flag an issue to make it work. Until an issue was flagged I got "Flagged" not found. And I used for a Flagged = Impediment. and it work perfectly after I flagged an issue.
It only works when you filter by "Flagged[Checkboxes]" =Impediment
In the case you want to filter those which are not Flagged ("Flagged[Checkboxes]" =! Impediment ) it's not working at all
Funny but "Big Rocks" is not EMPTY worked for me.
The "Flagged" field must be on a screen in your project in order for a JQL search on it to work.
You can still add a flag to an issue using an agile board and right clicking the issue, but you cannot filter by the field unless you have it on a screen.
If it is on a screen, you can also "flag" an issue by updating the field's value to check the Impediment checkbox that appears when you edit the field value.
JQL could be:
Flagged=Impediment
or
Flagged is not EMPTY
I've just found out (under Jira DC 8.18.0) that "Flagged" is created when the first issue gets flagged. For the name, it will use the language that the user who flagged the issue is currently using.
Before that, there will be no such field.
I just typed 'Flagged is not empty' into the search field and it worked.
Does it work for items that are not currently flagged but were at one point in time?
Someone on our team also figured out that if you have more than the default field context on the Flagged field, the search won't work, even if the field is on a screen in the project.
It's a bug.
@Paul Stasiak ,
I would think that the search you're suggesting would work about the same as any other field's history of values.
Try using the WAS operator in your search.
The "WAS" operator is used to find issues that currently have or previously had the specified value for the specified field.
WAS
For example:
Flagged WAS not EMPTY
Flagged WAS Impediment
Definitely sounds like a DEFECT.
The person on our team looking into this issue discovered that he had not checked a basic setting, although the context thing may still be a bug. I'm not sure.
In the Field Configuration, the Flagged field was set to hidden, because we had it visible previously, but then had to remove it from screens. So, in a way to make it easier to update, someone just hid the field.
Moral of this story: check the basics first.
That worked for me thanks!
Unfortunately, historical searches do not work on the Flagged field:
Hi everybody,
that I have to configure so that the flagged field is not shown when registering an incident.
Flagged is NOT empty is working so-so.
It runs but it is bringing a lot of tickets that has no Flag (maybe they had in the past but were already removed)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.