This is related to Jira SD incident #SDS-28088. Support suggested I open an issue with the Confluence Support Team.
We're running Confluence and Jira Service Desk - both are hosted locally, and not cloud implementations.
I'm trying to use Team Calendars with Confluence to display all Change Requests currently in Jira SD. The only way I've managed to get it to work is to grant the Anyone group within Jira SD the Browse Projects permission, but this results in a recurring permissions error message in Jira SD. Any other permission fails and nothing is displayed in the Team Calendar. Per Jira Support, the Anyone group shouldn't be used within Jira SD
Also, the only way I've managed to get the permissioned Jira SD Change Requests to appear in the calendar is by adding an event, and choosing only the Single Date - Issue Due Date. Any other date selected, including ranges, returns nothing. Preferably I'd use the Change Start Date but it doesn't work. Setting the range of Change Start Date and Change Completion Date returns nothing, as well. Setting a range of Change Start Date and Issue Created Date does return data, but the calendar entries span the days between when the issue was entered and when its start date is set - it also duplicates those entries on the Team Calendar.
How can I permission the Issues and/or Team Calendar to allow anyone to view our Change Control calendar; anonymously, preferably, or even via their Jira SD Customer Account (sync'd to LDAP/AD), but not as an agent within Jira SD? And how can the calendar's entries be set up to show an entry spanning the Change Start Date(Time incl.) and Change Completed Date(Time incl.)? The goal is to allow our users (Jira SD Customer accounts as well as actual Agent accounts) to see what Change Requests are already scheduled to avoid over-lap/conflicts.
If Team Calendars isn't the correct solution, what other Calendar solutions have others used with success? I've tried a few other calendar add-ons, but Team Calendars is the only one, thus far, I've had any success with.
Thank you