Hi,
I can update jira v 7.1.9 to jira v 7.5.0 ?
Or I must update to v 7.2.x, 7.3.x , 7.4.x and 7.5.0?
Hi!
You can update directly from 7.1.9 to 7.5.
You will want to review all of the release notes as well as upgrade notes for all versions that you will be skipping though. This way no changes surprise you.
Jira Release and Upgrade Notes
The main items to look for are the HTTPS connector change in 7.3 and the Microsoft SQL Server database driver change in 7.5.
Hope that helps!
Best regards,Brian
As Brian said, yup - go for it. Just watch the https connector - it got us, but it's well documented in the release notes.
Make sure you experiment with a staging copy of your production before you move your actual prod. That will save you some heartburn.
The overall process, start to finish, can take you somewhere between 12-16 hours depending on how long full indexing takes you after you upgrade.
Hi Brian
My Jira Software use MySQL DB.
The connection URL in your dbconfig.xml file contains the storage_engine parameter, which has been deprecated. This should be replaced with the default_storage_engine parameter.See our documentation for more information on changing your connection URL.
dbconfig.xml
storage_engine
default_storage_engine
Your mysql database is currently using an unsupported collation: utf8_general_ci. You should change this to a supported collation:
Review our documentation for more information on supported collations.
THIS IS Critical message or I can ignore it and continue?
you want to convert your database to the correct format. See documentation here
Also, yes - adjust the dbconfig xml as suggested. Add default infront of storage_engine so it reads default_storage_engine.
I Can't found file dbconfig.xml...This file locate in /opt/atlassian/jira or /var/atlassian/application-data/jira directory?
Yes, I replace parameter storage_engine on the default_storage_engine:
sessionVariables=default_storage_engine=InnoDB
But now the "pool-test-on-borrow" database configuration is not configured according to the recommended parameters.
And I have other error - Methods for sorting databases "utf8_general_ci" and tables "utf8_general_ci" are not supported by JIRA.
Correct, Add <pool-test-on-borrow>false</pool-test-on-borrow> line in the dbconfig.xml when instance with MySQL database is created.
did you fix the collation of the database?
Hi Gregory,
1) I can't found string line <pool-test-on-borrow>false</pool-test-on-borrow> in the dbconfig.xml.
Only line <pool-test-while-idle>true</pool-test-while-idle>
2) I try run all sql scripts with youre note
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-744326173.html?_ga=2.210070162.648572772.1509348971-894442380.1507283826&_gac=1.52636700.1508505798.EAIaIQobChMIoY6s-aX_1gIVxKwYCh3ZFAV8EAAYASAAEgJdPfD_BwE
And in propertys System Info -
Database collation utf8_bin
But in the Instance health checks
Error
Checks if the database and tables are configured using the required collation.
The database collation 'utf8_general_ci' and table collation 'utf8_general_ci' are not supported by JIRA.
Don't understand why ?
Go ahead and add the line in to the dbconfig file. I believe in a clean build instance that line is included, but on an upgrade instance it may not be or may not have been noticed until the Atlassian tools did a better job detecting config issues.
Collation determines how results are sorted and ordered. In newer versions of Atlassian applications, collation changes may become more strict. This means, you may be able to get away with the collation notification currently, but in future updates Atlassian is likely expecting collation to be setup in a specific way to ensure consistent and expected results.
1) Yes, I added this line. Thanks.
2) I think what I can't convert the all data in my instance Jira.
Because
============================================
Instance health checks
=============================================
But in System Info -
What encoding for MySQL DB you recommend for the new versions of Jira 7.5.x?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.