I want to use JIRA Service Desk with a Confluence KB.
In https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver036/serving-customers-with-a-knowledge-base-921471856.html it says that the "Users who don't have a Confluence licence can't create content, but you can give them permission to view your knowledge base content for free."
This is exactly what I need - but I am not sure how to do it correctly.
I know that:
- Customers can look-up content from the KB via the Service Desk Help Center (Customer Portal). However, they can just search for it, they do not have actual access to the Confluence Space
- Customers can get writing license (which costs for each customer) to access the Confluence KB space and even edit / comment (if they have the permission).
What do I want?
I simply want that customers can...
- use the Service Desk Help Center / Customer Portal to handle their issues + search for KB entries
- navigate through the Confluence KB (click through the space + search) and have read-only access. However, ideally the KB is NOT public
Any suggestions on how to do that?