I've got a JIRA Datacenter cluster up and running, and everything seems to be fine except for trying to install, enable, or disable plugins. The setup is currently using Pound as the load balancer, with two JIRA application servers running JIRA Datacenter, pointing to a single backend DB/Storage server. This is just a lab setup so I can test our production environment to see if we want to move to JIRA/Confluence Datacenter edition.
The issue I'm seeing is that when I access through the load balancer everything seems to operate normally, except for dealing with plugins. If I try to install, enable, or disable a plugin I get the following error:
The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.
I've checked the JIRA logs and there are no entries that point to where to even start looking.
Logging directly in to either JIRA instance I can install/enable/disable without issue. And after disabling on node1, I can log on to node2 and see that it is disabled, and then enable.
This seems to point to an issue with the load balancer, but I'm not sure what to check, as all other functions seem to work without issue. Does anybody have experience with something like this?