Merging boards and projects is very confusing. I was able to create a board for whatever reason. I am not clear how it works now. I don't know where my support board is.
Hi Utku,
Service Desk projects don't natively support boards like Software projects do. So it won't be visible on the side tab. However, you can still navigate to Boards (top bar) and you can find your board there.
What I would suggest is add a link to the kanban board under Project Shortcuts.
Susan
Take a look at the Knowledge base article Boards in the new Jira experience for a better understanding of the changes. There is also a parent article that has some links on the right discussing various parts of the new UI that you can find at Introducing your new Jira experience.
Cheers,
Branden
Thanks Susan,
I don't see a top bar in the new design. There is no straight access to the list of all boards as far as I can see. However, the old link to the page that you mention still exists.
Utku
@Utku Yildirim, server or cloud? If cloud click the magnifying glass where you will find a number of options including Boards (most recent and “View all boards”.
In my opinion, the problem with new UI is, that boards can no longer be associated to service desk projects. This was possible before.
We can now either associate the board to a profile or to a separate software project. Unfortunately, both don't fit, as a new project will have a new key and a personal board makes no sense, as it's not a personal board.
So to sum up, the new UI destroyed the possibility to have boards in service desk projects, which made multiple boards in our setup just disappear, and we don't know what we should do with them now. Our workflow is completely broken.
The articles mentioned don't adress this major issue either!
Could you please explain in detail how the service desk should play together now with software projects and agile boards?
Thx, Mike
can you post the old like ? I have Jira Service Desk Server version and I can't find boards at all
Greg
I think you are right. It seems that Atlassian is ready to remove features from their users ... that says a lot about Atlassian's management style
This is extremely disappointing. I evaluated Jira throughout the year and stopped in either Sep or Oct. I acquired funding and reactivated last week, and now the primary purpose I chose Jira no longer works.
I got around this issue like this:
I'm confused as I don't have to do this in cloud. I can create a Kanban for JSD project simply by changing the location to be my profile. I think the issue is the board for a non-SW project can't be allocated to the project's location. Not really even sure what that capabilities that provides tbh. The board will work fine for my needs. BTW, I don't think this is a new UI issue but may maybe it does behave differently. I have switched back to the old and occasionally switch back to test some things.
There are no boards in Service desk
I realize this is old, but we just had a team request this. I think the main problem with your solution (having a board in your profile) is that it's only in your profile. That doesn't do any good for a team that needs to use the board.
I just like Kanban boards, so I want it in Service Desk.
So it seems, even though it was possible before, now if you want boards like kanban and have "upgraded" to service desk you would still need a lower tier license just to get some features.
Therefore adding up to 50% to your costs
Not following this.
I think what @Harold Wong is saying is that, if you're a team that currently only uses Service Desk, if you want to be able to use kanban boards, you also need to pay for Jira Software (a separate set of licenses which are cheaper than service desk agent licenses.)
This is true. And it still doesn't address the fact that most workarounds, like creating a board in a profile or another project isn't the ideal experience. There's another more recent (but less active) post that I answered in more detail.
I do understand the reasoning behind not having boards; Service Desk is designed for teams who work in a triage flow, handling issues as they come in. But the fact that you can customize a service desk project's workflow does suggest that you should also be able to change the view of how your teams work.
I'm a huge advocate of Service Desk, but it does have limitations.
Exactly Esther.
We have a mixed environment, yes it is true some teams, especially IT do not use boards but our PM and upper management do. I assumed moving up in licenses (I consider service desk license and upgrade from software, and software an upgrade from core) would retain all previous features and unlock more features.
In my Org we have started moving all depts to JIRA so that we can interconnect especially with new hires and offboarding. With service desk with can set SLAs on the different workflows. But if this will remove their kanban boards then I see it as a problem as we need to purchase additional licenses just to give them that one feature. Service desk licenses are twice as expensive as software licenses that is why I mentioned a 50% increase is costs.
Hey Brandon, How does your links solve the problem that the community is having? I don't see any way to have email requests be sent to a Kanban board on JIRA- the way it used to be. This was a significant product feature to remove. Please update links to appropriate documentation or advise on a workaround.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.