Hi everyone,
probably I'm not the first person to ask this, but I couldn't find similar question.
Q: How can i fetch data from Insight based on User-input (selected Object(s) on the Service Portal) and fill fields for the next transition with that data.
Does anyone have any post-function (script-runner) examples?
The Insight post functions let me get data and put it into a field, but only Text-based ones, which doesn't help me here.
Sadly, i don't really have any useable scripting knowledge in Java or Groovy.
My use case:
I'd like to depict a 'Hardware request workflow' (which is basically just a rinse and repeat workflow for anything) and to keep it manageable and flexible it should access data from Insight.
Relevant Insight Object types:
1. Notebooks (as a sub-type of "Available hardware" - for purchases in this case)
- Relevant Attributes:
- Approver1, Approver2, Approver3
- Notebook type, etc.
I have not yet figured out if I can use these fields with variables, since actually the Approvers should vary based on the User who puts in the request, so i'd like to have something like Approver1 = ${Cost Center Manager} or Approver1 = User.${Cost Center Manager}
Not sure if Insight has that functionality or i'm just thinking too complicated.
2. Users
- Relevant Attributes:
- username, email, etc.
- Cost Center Manager (which in turn is another user)
Here's a quick and dirty diagram of what i'm trying to achieve and a jira workflow of how i imagine things to go down:


I'm grateful for any tips, thanks and best regards
Thomas