Multi project boards are vital to how we use Jira. I'm unclear on whether or not these are being taken away in the redesign.
I read through this page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/boards-in-the-new-jira-experience-937886048.html
It says plainly:
"Previously, there were global boards that contained work from multiple projects. Those are a thing of the past."
Our current multi-project boards were auto-assigned to my profile, because they are Project independent. I assume that their considered independent because they have custom JQL Filters defining the backlog.
A have a few questions (I'm intentionally asking the same questions in different ways):
- Looking at my Profile in the New Experience, I see that I have the ability to create new boards under my profile. It let's me specify a saved JQL filter. Is that the new way to create multi-project boards and is that feature remaining once the New Experience is rolled out to everyone? Or is this just a temporary way to support the global boards that will be removed once the New Experience is rolled out completely?
- Are their plans to remove the ability to have work from multiple projects on the same board by defining a custom JQL query?
- I'm not asking for guarantees, but can you confirm that there are no plans to limit/prevent multi-project, profile boards from being created?
- The statement about multi-project, global boards being a thing of the past .... is it more correct to say that global boards are a thing of the past, and that they must be owned by a project or by a profile..