Hi guys,
So I have a number field and I want to remove the decimal value since this field will only be whole values. How do I do that? When the field is merged into an email that is sent it will display 2.0 instead of 2 that I entered.
Now I read this pagehttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Remove-decimal-points-when-adding-Number-Field-to-summary/qaq-p/229142And I found this
issue.summary = issue.summary.replaceAll("\\.0")
But I have no idea where to input this or if this is the best solution? I am a newbie learning Jira so detailed instruction on how to solve this would be appreciated.
That bit of code there only works if you have Script Runner.
You could use a regular expression workflow validator, but that would not help you for when users use the Edit screen or inline editing.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/using-workflow-regular-expression-check-validator-to-restrict-text-field-in-number-format-859509784.html
A regular expression to match only integers could be as follows:
<span>^[</span><span>0</span><span>-</span><span>9</span><span>]*</span><span>$</span>
Hi @Josh Steckler appreciate your reply.
But can I use your answer? Because if edited it will not work or what?
Does following mean that highest value is 9? Or it just removes the decimal?
Hi @Abraham Georges
You can try something like below -
Number = Number.replaceAll(".0","");
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.