I want to add my custom field into following screen, on both Kanban board and Scrum board.I have try configure Screen, but it only effect on Create / Edit / View screen. also I have try configure under Issue Detail View but no hope.
Please help
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay here, I'm not sure why I did not see earlier comments to this thread. I looked into this issue further and I found that this looks to be a bug in the new Jira Labs feature that provides this issue detail view in the popup mode.
I created a bug for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16401
In the mean time, you should be able to disable this popup view. You can either do this while looking at this popup by clicking the Give Feedback button
OR
You can go to your Avatar in the top right of the page and click the Profile link. On your profile you can also disable this Issue Details View labs feature. When this is disabled, you will then see the issue details view in the right side of the screen instead of seeing this as a popup.
Regards,Andy
Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback on this. The new issue details view (the pop up you're seeing) does not allow for custom fields at the moment. We're working on adding this and it is coming soon.
If these are essential to your use of Jira, please use the toggle in your Profile or by clicking the Feedback button (as Andrew described) to opt out of this experience for now. We'd love to hear your feedback on the new design.
Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime!
John
Product Manager, Jira
Hi Sattha,
That particular view is actually governed by the specific settings of that Board. You can configure which fields appear here by returning to the board, then in the top right corner of the page you should have either a button for "Boards", if on Jira server, or a "..." button if on Jira Cloud. Click that and select Configure Board.
From there select the left navigation option of "Issue Detail View". On this page is where you would have to add the specific custom field you want to appear here. These fields are separated by their field type. But adding that field here would allow it to show up on the screen in question.
I Already done that as mention in question, no hope field does not show in pop up but show in backlog.
it's show in backlog after add field to above setting (right section) "Test Environment" field
@Andy Heinzer any clue ?
I also seem to have the same issue. I have added the field in the Issue Detail Board configuration, but it still does not appear?
Same problem.
Hi @Jarrad Powell
Just curious if you were able to disable this Jira Labs feature that shows the issue detail view as a popup.
You can go to your Avatar in the top right of the page and click the Profile link. On your profile you can disable this Issue Details View labs feature. When this is disabled, you will then see the issue details view in the right side of the screen instead of seeing this as a popup.
We have had a few reports though of some Cloud instances that cannot disable this feature currently. If you cannot disable this feature, could you please let me know your cloud URL?
Thanks,Andy
Hi @Egor Voynov
Hi @Andy Heinzer,
I have can disable the labs features no problem on this instance, and can see the custom fields in the side panel.
That being said, it is not a solution for my client (who uses the instance and relatively new to Jira), as they see the modal dialog (i.e. the lab feature) as a critical feature of using Jira.
Cheers,
Jarrad
@Andy Heinzer this new feature (and bug) just hit our JIRA board, which has a number of new JIRA users and therefore is very confusing to them. As the admin, can I disable the new JIRA issue view for ALL project team members? Please advise.
Thank you,
Karine
Hi @Karine Hoffman,
This specific feature does not appear to have a means for the Jira Admin to be able to control for other users.
I would recommend having your Jira admin reach out to our Cloud Support team by creating a support ticket there and request to disable this new issue detail popup view from your instance, but this change would be site wide, not just project specific.
Otherwise, I would recommend having each user navigate into their respective profile in order to turn this feature off for the time being.
Andy
I don't have "Issue Detail View" in my board settings (I'm using Cloud). "Working days" is the last item on the menu. What can be a reason for that?
HI Team,
Any update on allow popup screen for custom fields?
Hi guys,
is this problem solved? As I've created a custom field, applied the related schema and added the proper screens and I don't see it in the "create issue" popup... Hope during these 3 years this bug (or wathever it is) has been solved
Many thanks!
Giuseppe
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.