I had a look at some similar questions and answers but they are dated from a few years ago.
How do you efficiently document you acceptance criteria for each user story? Is there an existing field or checklist that we could use?
Thanks for your help!
Hi Aude
There isn't a specific field in out-of-the-box Jira. You can always add a custom field(s) to hold this information.
We put our Acceptance Criteria as part of the Description - this field has formatting so we add a bold underlined heading Acceptance Criteria and then bullet point each criteria. DoD can be held in Confluence if you're using it, so that it's always available as a handy reference.
Thanks Warren, that's helpful.
Hi Aude,
You can try using Smart Checklist Jira plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/rw-smart-checklist-biz/cloud/overview
It provides you with exactly what you were looking for:
If you have any additional questions about the plugin, please let me know!
Hi Olga, so... a "board" inside an issue, right? It seems clever, I will have a look at it. Thank you for the suggestion!
Hi @Aude Cozens, thank you for the question!
I attach a screenshot which shows how the Agile board issue detail view looks like.
Hi Olga, I like the idea, and can already foresee so many usages for it - as a BA, for the acceptance criteria, but also for our Service delivery specialists, to organise the way they will fix an issue, our developers, and to list and distribute to team members action items at implementation time.
I tried to install the trial version for Cloud and get an error message saying that I don't have an account for On Demand! Would you be able to help? (Have also sent a message to Support yesterday.
Thanks
Aude
Hi @Aude Cozens ,
have you found a good way of documenting DoD and acceptance criteria? There are many checklists apps on the marketplace that could be helpful in your case.
Good luck!
Regards,
Jakub.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.