When I create a new page I use brackets [page name] to create a new page. In the past Confluence created a new page and copy pasted the page name into the new page. Is this changed?
Within the same space Confluence page titles should be unique. It has been this way since the beginning https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-2524
Hi Tim,
you're right. Clicking such a link to a page that doesn't exist yet, opens "Add Page" without a page name. Same in my environment.
I didn't recognize that yet, because this is not my usual way to create a page. But unfortunately I can't give you a reason, why this behaviour has changed.
Older versions took your value of "page name" out of your braces and used it to pre-populate the new page when clicked (obviously, existing page names link to the existing page)
Mizan, this is not the issue I tried to report.
Sorry, I misunderstood your query
No problem, Mizan.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.