The dashboard widgets show title like _MSG_gadget.recently.created.title.specific_. I checked everything from apache proxy config, ip tables and certificates files but still can't find a fix for this issue.
The Jira instance is running on a machine with an ip address of 192.1.1.100 and on default port 8080. I changed the jira base url to my subdomain: jira.shield-solutions.com. Below you can find my apache virtual hosts config file:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName shield-solutions.com
ServerAlias shield-solutions.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@shield-solutions.com
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName jira.shield-solutions.com
ServerAlias jira.shield-solutions.com
<Proxy *>
Require all granted
</Proxy>
ProxyVia Off
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
SSLProxyEngine On
ProxyPass / http://192.1.1.100:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.1.1.100:8080/
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/domain.key
</VirtualHost>
I already checked other posts about this issue and made the required changes to the server.xml file by adding the proxyName, scheme and proxyPort to the Jira connector:
<Connector port="8080"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
bindOnInit="false"
proxyName="jira.shield-solutions.com"
scheme="https"
proxyPort="443"
secure="true"
/>
In the atlassian-jira.log file i always saw the following exception:
2017-10-01 14:42:01,140 HealthCheck:thread-4 ERROR [c.a.t.j.healthcheck.support.BaseUrlHealthCheck] An error occurred when performing the Base URL healthcheck:
org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to jira.shield-solutions.com:443 [jira.shield-solutions.com/127.0.0.1, jira.shield-solutions.com/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:159)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.connect(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:359)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.establishRoute(MainClientExec.java:381)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:237)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:185)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:111)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:185)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:108)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:56)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.support.BaseUrlHealthCheck.doCheck(BaseUrlHealthCheck.java:58)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.support.AbstractSupportHealthCheck.check(AbstractSupportHealthCheck.java:23)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.healthcheck.impl.PluginSuppliedSupportHealthCheck.check(PluginSuppliedSupportHealthCheck.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLConnectionSocketFactory.connectSocket(SSLConnectionSocketFactory.java:339)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:142)
... 17 more
If I try to access Jira by simply typing into the browser address bar jira.shield-solutions.com:443 I'll get a bad request which is normal because I'm trying to speak plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Do you have any suggestion on how could I fix this issues ?
Kind regards.