When I/we clone a request, the reporter field is not updated with a "new" reporter - the person who is cloning the request should become the reporter.
I have looked through everything I can possibly find on this issue and all the answers I find say that if a user DOES NOT have modify reporter permission, then the reporter on the cloned request should become that user/current user.
This does not work. And I don't think that it has ever worked (at least not for us). I have modify reporter permission. When I clone a request, the reporter is still the same one as on the previous request, but I can change that after the clone request has been created.
When another user, that does not have modify reporter permission, clones a request the reporter is not changed to current user on the cloned request (new request.
Are we doing something wrong?
Found this on this site but I don't feel it answers the question.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Clone-does-not-update-reporter/qaq-p/392418