Hi,
I attempted to migrate form the Jira 7.3.6 starter internal database to a postgreSQL as described here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/switching-databases-802592192.html#Switchingdatabases-differenttype
I followed all steps including updating the JBDC driver to match the postgreSQL revision 9.5 supported by Jira and get the following fatal error message...
I am new to Jira and have not debugged an issue like this and would greatly appreciate guidance navigating the logs the error message refers to.
You will need to look in your JIRA logs for the exact error message. It will be in the <installdir>/log/catalina.out file.
This is what is in that directory, no catalina.out file
09/18/2017 04:43 PM 478,459 access_log.2017-09-1809/18/2017 03:56 PM 92,447 catalina.2017-09-18.log09/18/2017 03:56 PM 3,659 commons-daemon.2017-09-18.log09/18/2017 03:56 PM 87,666 jirasoftware150917151933-stderr.2017-09-18.log09/18/2017 03:56 PM 7,588,669 jirasoftware150917151933-stdout.2017-09-18.log
look at jirasoftware150917151933-stdout.2017-09-18.log and look for DB related errors.
...
Hi Boris,
First, thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated.
I ran the Jira 7.3.6 installer which made the driver repairs listed in the attached image file and restarted the application which still results in a fatal error.
The following error appears several times throughout the jirasoftware150917151933-stdout.2017-09-19.log logfile...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2151) ... 37 more2017-09-19 08:35:31,448 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Unable to establish a connection with the database... Error was:java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://https://SPDASHLAND:4470:5433/JIRA_DB2017-09-19 08:35:31,448 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Could not get table name information from the database, aborting.2017-09-19 08:35:31,448 JIRA-Bootstrap WARN [o.a.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource] Failed to complete JMX registrationjavax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource
I have 2 postgreSQL server versions running, revs 9.5 and 9.6. I added postgreSQL rev 9.5 since it was not clear that Jira SW 7.3.6 was compatible with postgreSQL 9.6 as it is not listed in the following support URL:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/supported-platforms-861253018.html#Supportedplatforms-postgresnote
An additional complication surrounding postgreSQL changes to their JBDC driver revision numbering...
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html
Thank you for your help
Did you mean to delete the contents of this post? I got the email notification for your first comment.
no
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.