This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project role memberships
Group A
Permission
Assignable User - Group A
Assign Users - Group A
Close Issues - Group A
Create Issues - Group A
Expectation
When the user opens an issue/task/whatever, they get to change the "Assignee" after leaving their comment
Reality
The 'Assignee' field is readonly and the user can only leave a comment. Why can't the issue be reassigned back to someone else?
I can't find a permission to change to enable this field.
New Update
The funny thing is, when they create a task, they can assign it to any user (not just group A) but when they open an existing task that is assigned to them, they cannot reassign it to another user.
Create issue screen has the option
image2015-12-8 10:44:36.png
Edit/read issue doesn't allow the user to change the assignee
image2015-12-8 10:44:3.png
Turned off the "Assign Issues" option for this group and the create issue doesn't have an option to assign either. (thus proving that the right permission scheme is being used)
image2015-12-8 10:47:25.png
Looks like I need "3 points" to reply to a comment. So basically I can't respond to people's questions. I can't even attach images to the comment. WTF Jira! why so restrictive?
Reply to comment 1 (Nic Brough [Adaptavist])
yep, confirmed everything (checked the users, groups, permission scheme being used, everything).
The funny thing is, when they create a task, they can assign it to any user (not just group A) but when they open an existing task that is assigned to them, they cannot reassign it to another user.
If I go by your explanation, then they should be able to assign to each other, but that isn't the case either. They can assign to anyone when creating the issue but cannot reassign it once the issue is assigned to them.
Reply to comment 2 (Nic Brough [Adaptavist])
I need to increase my karma but can't coz I can't reply. It's like going for a job interview right after uni, the company wants 10 years experience but you can't coz no one wants to hire u. Expected JIRA would be better but that's a different rant.
And you have to be kidding me! The Assign button actually works!!! but WTF! We had a whole team training users on how to assign issues using that handy "Assignee" element and now we have to remind them to use the button because JIRA forgot to attach the restrictions to the handy combobox.
Thanks mate. I'll go and feed the homeless now to increase my karma, hopefully that gets me the much sought after "points" that JIRA wants