Hi,
I changed my port to 80 as suggested here and rebooted the server. When I tried to log back in nothing happened.
52.169.92.9 refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
I changed server.xml back to 8080 and tried again. I started jira manually as follows :
jira@jira:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin$ sudo ./start-jira.sh
To run JIRA in the foreground, start the server with start-jira.sh -fg
executing using dedicated user: jira2
.....
.... .NMMMD. ...
.8MMM. $MMN,..~MMMO.
.?MMM. .MMM?.
OMMMMZ. .,NMMMN~
.IMMMMMM. .NMMMN. .MMMMMN,
,MMMMMM$..3MD..ZMMMMMM.
=NMMMMMM,. .,MMMMMMD.
.MMMMMMMM8MMMMMMM,
.ONMMMMMMMMMMZ.
,NMMMMMMM8.
.:,.$MMMMMMM
.IMMMM..NMMMMMD.
.8MMMMM: :NMMMMN.
.MMMMMM. .MMMMM~.
.MMMMMN .MMMMM?.
Atlassian JIRA
Version : 7.2.4
If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid
Existing PID file found during start.
Removing/clearing stale PID file.
Tomcat started.
Still nothing happened. Our jira server is down, any ideas how I can get it back up?
catalina.out reveals the following:
03-Sep-2017 15:12:10.137 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Catalina.start using conf/server.xml: The element type "Host" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Host>".
03-Sep-2017 15:12:10.138 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.