My business has alot of custom fields with status is the name. When trying to add status to a filter column the search will say "27 more options. Continue typing to refine further." That doesn't help when we are searching for the jira standard field "Status".
Hey Duane,
When you are entering your query, you should just be able to type "status =" or "status in" and continue with the status you want to search for from there.
JIRA should detect that you're looking for the native status field.
Hope this helps,
Tyler
Hello Tyler,
In this instance I am talking about adding a column for status and the the column search won't display all the search results to display Status as an option.
Thanks
Apologies for the confusion. Is there any way you could remove some of the custome fields or rename them?
You could also try hitting "Restore Defaults" under the search bar. That will (I believe) bring back the Status column.
Unfortunately all custom fields are in use and the restore defaults does not bring it back.
I am stuck too and came looking for an answer here, but seems there is no straight one (or possible none). I have worked a way around this by using a public query/filter which has a status field selected in it. I don't know how they managed it, but I simply tweak that existing query with my filters and make sure I DO NOT uncheck the status field. So far this has worked, but it is a big pain to have this done every JIRA project.
In an ideal world I should get all results when I search for keyword, irrespective of how many they are, just let me scroll to the very end and choose it. How difficult is that?
Indeed, it is a very bad experience.
Ideally, Atlassian could implement an allow to use REGEX expressions, so this issue will be gone automatically.
Besides, a tested workaround you could use is to remove some of the HTML option elements loaded in your browser (inspecting the HTML code) that has the name you want so you just shortlist it till the point you show it in the UI.
All the elements are placed within the select with "id=filter-column-sparkler"
Hope it helps.
Héctor
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.