I'am confused about the results which I get from the API call, and can't imagine any suggestions how the results correlate with the input params.
For example, lets take the following endpoint:
rest/api/2/issue/picker?query=PRJ-¤tJQL=project != ""
I assume that the result should contains all the issues where the key starts from "PRJ-" and the project is not empty.
But what I get is first of all are two sections - Current Search and History search. What are this sections? I was unable to find any usefull information about how this sections are populated and for what purposes they are used. Sometimes one section could be absent, another time they could be totally equal.
Second thing - the 'sub' property of section usually tells me that it is showing 19 matching issues out of 40. But I can't get another 21 issues.
Also, if the query parameter of API method is a JQL expression, then how it can search through uncompleted issue key?
I would be very grateful if someone could provide a small completed quide how this endpoint works and for what purposes it should be used.