I have seen a few posts like this from our "customer" users:
Found a support issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5424
Workaround seems to be posting one image to a request, then saving the request, then adding issues and saving them individually after that.
@Jim Baker,
can you provide more info? There isn't much to go on. It seems like what your customer is saying is that they are adding an attachment but some other file is actually attached. This seems very odd indeed. Have you been able to recreate?
Thanks Jack,
Here's another example.
The user was trying to add two images to the request, and instead, each time after the first image was added, it added another copy of the first image, rather than the next one she copied.
The first customer, in my original post, was in Colorado, using Chrome.
The Service Desk customer in this comment is in Massachusetts, using Firefox.
Basically, they're using Windows snipper to put images onto the clipboard, and then paste them wtih CTRL-V into the request.
When it works, it's a great improvement over needing to save the image file first, and then upload it.
I think I saw another example somewhere else, I'll keep my eyes peeled, and post it here when I find it.
If there's other information I can provide to help understand the issue, please let me know.
Regards,
Jim
Thanks, Jack. I posted more information in a subsequent "answer."
@Jim Baker, I don't have experience with the tool but expect is either a compatibility issue w/ the tool or the paste action. I have to say that I have had mixed result w/ pasting images in Atlassian applications including the Community. Sometimes it works and some times i get a broken image lozenge. I typically save the image on my laptop and then browse/insert.
I would suggest having your customer try this and see if it works. I would also suggest reaching out to Atlassian Support on this issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.