Hi,
I'm trying to create a search/report that lists all of the Open stories with no Subtasks associated with it. Is there a search/report function that I'm missing?
thanks!
There's a plugin you might investigate that provides some subtask functionality, but unfortunately it looks like it is geared to finding issues *with* subtasks, rather than issues with no subtasks...
https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JQLT/Subtask+Functions
If you wish only to search for issues with no subtask, this is still doable with JQL. It will return a list of issues and no sub-task issues. For example:
project=Test AND NOT issuetype=Sub-task
But if you wish to search for issues that have no sub-task issues, I don't think this is doable in JIRA at the moment.
Actually, you can find issues without subtasks as well. Just use *NOT*
issue not in hasSubtasks()
Is hasSubtasks() specific to any version?
It is available in a commercial plugin called JQL Tricks Plugin. See the link posted by Jay or https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/31399
>> issue not in hasSubtasks()
issue not
in
hasSubtasks()
That does not appear to work. I tried "issue not in hasSubtasks()" as well as "not (issue in <span>hasSubtasks())" and I still get issues with subtasks. Weird thing is "<code class="bash plain">issue not in hasSubtasks()" shows items that do have subtasks while "<code class="bash plain">issue in hasSubtasks()" shows nothing. Not one single item. And I know I have some issues with subtasks because they show when I add "not" . JIRA version is 6.4.3 with JIRA Agile 6.7.2. I do not have the JQL Tricks plugin but hasSubtasks() has been native in JIRA for some time now. Is there something I am doing wrong?
hasSubtasks()" as well as "not (issue in <span>hasSubtasks())" and I still get issues with subtasks. Weird thing is "<code class="bash plain">issue not
hasSubtasks()" shows items that do have subtasks while "<code class="bash plain">issue
hasSubtasks()"
hey Mike
ANy luck on this one? i need to find stories which has no test sub tasks in it
Thanks
Megha
Solution without a plugin.
Use below query as a Quick Filter from the Board Configuration.
issueFunction not in hasSubtasks() AND issuetype != Sub-task
It will sort out every story, which has No or Zero sub-tasks.
This requires the ScriptRunner plugin and it's very expensive.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.