I am using JIRA Cloud and recently set up a Mail Handler to Create Issues and Add Comments to Existing Issues. I've asked our first internal customer to submit an email and it was rejected. I asked another to submit one and it went through. I also have a SharePoint form that submits an email to the mail handler account with a noreply@ address and that went through.
The Handler is configured to not create users when an email comes in from an unidentified email address. I have set the default reporter to be me. I noticed that the reject email said that it rejected the 1st person because they do not have permission to create issues. I visited my permission scheme and added Reporter to see if it would help which it did not. The specific error is : "Reporter (jane.smith) does not have permission to create an issue. Message rejected.". She submitted her emails three times with different text and subject in each. We are using Outlook as a client... she tried both Desktop and Web-based clients.
Any ideas?