We use the Jira Cloud solution. We set up one project for a client. Users from that client can create issues. I want everyone to be able to see those issues, clients as well as the internal team (PM/Devs/etc.). Internal team members create issues/tasks/etc. I don't want the client to be able to see the internal issues (essentially, they don't need to see how the sausage is made).
I know we could create different projects, but I want to minimize overhead for the PM and rest of the team. Additionally, the internal team will make mistakes and create issues in the wrong project, etc. etc. I just want a solution that minimizes the overhead on people and lets the software deal with the complexity.
Do I use roles for this? How do I do this? Note, in some cases, I want the client users to see items that are created by the internal team. For example, if the PM creates a Kanban board and then creates an Epic to use to filter issues for the board, I need the client to be able to link their Issue to that Epic so that their Issue shows up on the appropriate Kanban board