Hi,
I'm trying to import my Jira Server/Software instance into Jira Cloud. I've consulted this technical guide. The guide is not particularly clear to say the very least.
- I've upgraded our Jira Software instance to 7.4.2
- I've made sure TZ on Software and Cloud instance was the same
Then I've exported per instructions (I think) and ended up with two ZIP files:
- jira-backup.zip (this contains activeobjects.xml and entities.xml)
- Manually created jira-data.zip that contains the folders /data/attachments /data/avatars and /logos.
It's not clear whether I should have two files or combine jira-backup inside jira-data.zip. The documentation refers to a "snapshot" - what is that? There's no option to create a snapshot.
I then attempted to follow the import instructions:
- There's no "Jira Import" in Jira Cloud under System per documentation. I found another link to Jira Restore.
- When prompted I provided the jira-backup.zip file
- Some time passed. I was never asked for a second file.
- The import suceeded then and I granted application access to users.
- When I try and access a project I get the message "The Jira Server Cannot Be Contacted"
- My my.atlassian.net portal page is now permanently broken saying "Oops something went wrong"
No idea what to do next.
Thanks for any assistance.
j.