I want to produce reports on the resolution time for all incidents within a certain time period. However, the start time I want to measure from may be different to the time of ticket creation in instances where the service team recieve a request via phone and cannot create the ticket immediately (due to severity - i.e. the request is so important that it must be sorted out immediately, rather than a ticket created).
What approach should I take to include the time between incident reporting to incident ticket creation?
My approach has been to create a custom "time/date reported" field that is filled on creation of the JIRA ticket. When reporting, I can then calculate time between "time/date reported" and "resolution" to find resolutio time. This works fine. However, the issue is that I want to exclude the time spent in pending from the resolution time. I created a metric, "time in pending" that is calculated based on status change to and from pending. This works fine. The issue is - when I try to export this value with all of the other data (by exporting incient data with a filter), this metric column can be shown but is not populated either on the webapp or in the exported csv file.
Is there some way to include this metric in this exported data, or do i need to calculate the SLAs in a completely different way?
An alternative is to have a custom field, delay time, with is given on ticket creation to measure delay between incident reporting and ticket creation. If I used this approach, I would use the built-in JIRA reporting, which would easily output resolution times excluding pending time, but I don;'t think I can add this extra delay time automatically.
Any helpw otld be appreciated.