I'm trying to update the status of my issues using a cvs file, but when mapping I can't find "status" on the dropdown menu, is there anything that I or my project manager should be doing before?
Hi Carlos,
Confusingly, there are actually two methods of importing csv data into JIRA.
I'm guessing you're not able to map status because you are using method one?
Another option to update issue statuses in bulk is to use JIRA's 'Bulk Change' function:
bulk-change.jpg
There's some help from Atlassian here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-776997757.html:
How to transition multiple issuesPerform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.Select Tools > Bulk Change.Select the issues you'd like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.Select Transition Issues, and select Next.Select the available workflow action. The actions available are dependent on the issues (and their associated workflows) that you have selected. Select Next.Select a value for any required fields for this transition, and if available, decide whether you'd like to send email notifications. Select Next.Review your bulk operation, and select Confirm when you are happy with the operation.
How to transition multiple issues
I hope this helps.
Sam
CSV import can be be used to update issue status, if you:
JIRA will recognise this, and update existing issues matching the Issue Key from the CSV file.
issue-key-mapping-csv-import.jpg
No problem. If my answers were helpful, please consider upvoting or accepting one.
Here is a screen shot of where to find the administration menu. You need to be JIRA admin to see this, though:
jira-admin-menu.jpg
If you have JIRA admin access, when you click 'System', you'll be taken to a screen like this, where you can get to the External System Import function:
jira-admin-system-screen.jpg
Thank you Sam,
This works, thank you!!
Hi Sam!
Thank you very much for helping me and correcting my mistake. I've deleted my misunderstanding comment.
Do you know what happens with states? I suppose transitions are not executed, aren't they? And only a change of value is executed.
Best regards and thanks!
Yep, it just changes the value. It's a good question, because you do have to be a cautious of difficulties related to this.
For example: if you use CSV update to change to a status that would normally set a resolution on the issue, it might not work as expected. Status would be updated, but resolution would not be set.
Thank you very much Sam! You're lovely!
Hi Sam,
I am doing a similar exercise here, and I can update the "date created" field okay, but it won't update the "date resolved" for me. Any ideas?
(I'm trying to add some historical info to Jira for metrics.)
Sharon
Hello Sam, I'm also trying to use a field in my CSV file to help Jira determine if it needs to add or update. I presume this is how we do it. The problem is even with the field mapped, it creates a new issue with duplicated information. What am I doing wrong?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.