The watchers are getting numerous email notifications when the description of a JIRA is updated. I would like the notification to be set as optional so the person saving the JIRA can decide if the email notifications are sent. Is this possible? If so can someone please point me in the right direction.
No that's not possible. It would also work against the watching functionality. If a user decides to watch an issue, this issue is so important for him that he wants to be notified on every single update.
If the updater would be able to suppress the notification, watching an issue would make no sense.
Thank you for the reply Thomas. I asked because that facility is available in Confluence and I am suprised its not avaiable in JIRA. I was hoping someone could advise me of a work around using the Notification Schemes.
Yes, you're right. In Confluence you are able to to that.
But I don't know a way to do that in Jira. Of course you can adjust the notification schemes, so watchers aren't notified by certain events but there's only one "Issue updated"-Event that will be fired, if a description is changed. And I think, you won't disable this in general.
You can remove watchers from "Issue Commented" if that helps, but it will not disable the notifications coming from updating the description.
The @mention is the method of making notifications optional and I use it that way all the time. Notifications can become overwhelming for sure.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.