I want to move a subtask to done but I am unable to. It can only be moved to in progress, impeded, or accepted. The parent task is currently in the done column.
Hi Caroline,
look at the workflow for subtasks in your project and check, if the final status for the subtasks is mapped to the done column.
Maybe there's no transition between the issue's current status and the final status.
It will depend on the workflow that you have in place for subtasks, which could well be different to the parent task.
Is this something that you're trying to do for the first time, or something that used to work but now isn't?
From your suggestions, I checked the workflows and it's definitely an issue with that. The workflow for subtasks is preventing from moving it to done. Now I need to figure out if I'm able to change the workflow and how. Thank you!
You're welcome :-) Great you found the reason!
If you are not able to edit the workflow for your subtasks, ask your Jira Administrator. And if you are in the admin role and don't find the editing functions, don't hesitate to ask here!
what if my task and subtask have same workflow? Then how will I move my subtask to done bucket?
Hi @Amita_Kanaujia_
I'm not sure what your question is, because there is no problem having the same workflow for tasks and sub-tasks - we have exactly that and everything works well.
Are you experiencing an issue? Try to describe what you're seeing happening
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.