I am looking for a solution to configurew LDAP authentication for Jira against a FreeIPA directory server.
The best HowTo I found was: https://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTos/LDAP_authentication_for_Atlassian_JIRA_using_FreeIPA , but the group membership information can't be retireved when following this receipe.
The best results I got was using the "Generic Posix/RFC2307 Directory (Read-Only) " server type adapter and adjusting the setting for the IPA schema as suggested in the HowTo mentioned above. This way, the directory server passes all JIRA tests, JIRA can successfully fetch all users and groups, and users can authenticate.
But the group membership relations do not seem to get fetched. So, any user is member of hios own group, but the membership for real groups is missing. Since we want to grant JIRA access vie group membership in the directory, no user is allowed to login.
Does anyone have a successfull configuration involving JIRA server and FreeIPA and could post the correct settings here?