Here's a riddle that I don't have an answer for.
We created a new issue type with half a dozen custom fields. Locked those custom fields down to that one project but all issue types in the project.
There's a default issue screen and a create issue screen. The 6 custom fields appear on both.
As user Michel, when I try to create an issue, only Project, Issue Type, Summary and Description appear in the create screen. Assignee and all the custom fields are missing. Same is true for user Ryan. However, everyone else on the team sees all the fields. (I have validated this by SU'ing to everyone on the team.)
In the edit screen, all custom fields are displayed.
I fixed this once by re-indexing about a week ago. Since then we've added plenty of new custom fields and have re-indexed a few times. Need to re-index again at the moment, but don't see why that would cause these fields to "disappear" for these two users.
Both users are in the same groups as everyone else. Doesn't appear to be a permissions problem.
Any ideas? Thanks!!!