We current have Jira cloud instance installed in our environment. I was wondering if there's a way to produce a report showing a summary of all logged time along with a grand total for a given period (monthly report for logged hrs).
What I'm trying to achieve here is to track and report how much time my dev team is spending fixing maintenence issues. In order to accomplish this, I have created a filter which includes the Issue Category i.e Maintenance and the project as we have instructed everyone in the team to create a jira ticket with "Maintenance" selected from the list and log all time spent on that issue against it.
Using filter I am able to fetch the logged hours but with a catch. Suppose there is an issue which was created in May 2017 and developer worked on that issue in May and logged his hours for May and issue still in developement. Developer again worked on the same issue in June 2017 and logged his hours for June as well. While pulling the hours for June 2017 month, I am still getting May month hours in report and that is not the right output. I am looking only logged hrs which was logged by developer in June 2017.
Here is the snapshot of the filter I am using .
"Issue Category" = Maintenance AND project = "Project Name" AND worklogDate >= 2017-06-01 AND worklogDate <= 2017-06-30
I tried this also but the result still same.
"Issue Category" = Maintenance AND project = "Project Name" AND worklogDate >= 2017-06-01 AND worklogDate <= 2017-06-30 AND updatedDate >= 2017-06-01 AND updatedDate <= 2017-06-30
can you help check on this and help me to get the expected output.
Thanks,
RV