I tried but it doesnt work.
after config the approval function, when approver click the approve button, the status will change without doing validator checking.
It would have been much easier to help you if you could give us some information.
Is this Apporve button a workflow transition?
Can you please show us your code?
Thanks!
Shaakunthala
__
the approval is set in the status,
the validator is set in the transition(IT approved).
However, the validator doesn't work. Jira ignores the validator.
This is new to me, as I haven't used ServiceDesk.
I tried to re-create your problem, and instead of a simple validator I used a script validator.
After approving a test issue, validator status was still shown as "Has not run yet.", which means JIRA bypasses validators in case of approvals.
So, the answer to your question is No. A workaround may be possible - but there will be compromises.
Did you try using a condition instead of a validator?
anyone find an answer to this?
I'm hitting that wall ight now myself. The only thing I can see to do if I still want the Jira generated email telling user to approve or decline. Is to have another node after the approval that then transitions to the actual status I want the accept or reject to end up at. Seems really inefficient and not intuitive.
I want my approve/decline choices to go to Closed status with either approve or declined resolutions, but only if certain custom fields have been filled in. Bit now I have to either force them to enter these fields earlier than they may want to (before getting to approve/decline status) or add this dummy status after the approval status that allows me to have a validation and transition screen.
Anyone still encountering this, you may want to vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6342
My experience is that JSM approvals ignore all Conditions and Validators.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.