I have a task with 7 sub-tasks. It turns out that the scope is now too big for one sprint. I need to convert the task into an epic, with each sub task being a task on that epic. Sounds like a totally resonable thing, right? How do you do it?
Hi Kelly,
The subtasks need to be converted to tasks first. To do so, enter the subtask's detailed view, and then click on More > Convert to issue. Depending on the JIRA version, it might be displayed an ellypsis [...] button instead of the More button.
Once all subtasks had been converted into tasks, enter the task that you'd like to convert into an epic and click on More > Move. Leave the project unchanged and just change the type from task to epic.
Finally, associate the tasks with the epic.
Obviouslly you can manually, painstakingly do all these things. That's not the question. This should be a normal workflow. I'm looking for a button that moves an issue to epic and automatically upgrades and accociates it's sub-tasks.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-efficiently-migrate-issue-subtasks-to-epic-issues/qaq-p/623209
I guess u already found a solution already
I just run into the same situation as you and found a more straight forward way to do it, maybe useful for others
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.