I have configured outgoing mail to use Amazon Web Services SES, following the guide here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/send-email-smtp-software-package.html
I can send test messages and they are received correctly. I can also invite new users via the JIRA UI and they get their email invitations with no problem.
However, issue notifcations fail, with errors such as: (I have replaced an actual email address with xxxx@xxx.com)
{code}
2017-07-25 15:30:00,152 Sending mailitem To='xxxx@xxx.com' Subject='(NGWDD-38) CSV download for today's date does
ot match roll-up number' From='null' FromName='John Holdzkom (JIRA)' Cc='null' Bcc='null' ReplyTo='null' InReplyTo='<JI
RA.10138.1500993908000@Atlassian.JIRA>' MimeType='text/html' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='javax.mail.internet.MimeMultip
art@6d9c345d' MessageId='null' ExcludeSubjectPrefix=false' ERROR anonymous Mail Queue Service [c.a.mail.queue.MailQu
eueImpl] Error occurred in sending e-mail: To='xxxx@xxx.com' Subject='(NGWDD-38) CSV download for today's date does
not match roll-up number' From='null' FromName='John Holdzkom (JIRA)' Cc='null' Bcc='null' ReplyTo='null' InReplyTo='<
JIRA.10138.1500993908000@Atlassian.JIRA>' MimeType='text/html' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='javax.mail.internet.MimeMult
ipart@6d9c345d' MessageId='null' ExcludeSubjectPrefix=false'
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: email-smtp.us
-east-1.amazonaws.com, 25; timeout 10000;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.sendWithMessageId(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:225)
at com.atlassian.mail.queue.SingleMailQueueItem.send(SingleMailQueueItem.java:44)
at com.atlassian.mail.queue.MailQueueImpl.sendBufferUnderLock(MailQueueImpl.java:103)
at com.atlassian.mail.queue.MailQueueImpl.sendBuffer(MailQueueImpl.java:56)
at com.atlassian.jira.mail.JiraMailQueue$1.apply(JiraMailQueue.java:51)
at com.atlassian.jira.mail.JiraMailQueue$1.apply(JiraMailQueue.java:48)
{code}
This does not make sense to me since the server configurations are working fine for test messages and new user accounts.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.