I'm currently working on migrating a jira instance and have been banging my head against a wall for a day now. Hopefully someone can point me to what I am doing wrong, because I cannot understand what's going on.
My setup.
1. IIS is bound to (443 jira.mydomain.com https) and redirects to http://localhost:8383/ - my reasoning being that it shouldn't be necessary to setup SSL between IIS and Apace/Tomcat, as they reside on the same physical server.
2. jira has been setup with the Base URL: https://jira.mydomain.com and I have edited server.xml so that the connector tag, looks like this:
<Connector acceptCount="100" bindOnInit="false" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8383" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" scheme="https" secure="true" />
What happens when browsing:
The jira-instance responds just fine, giving me a nice green lock in FireFox. The certificate is the correct one, as set up in IIS. However, as soon as a user is logged in, the green lock suddenly turns yellow. From then on, one has to switch to http to do anything.
The error/warning I get in FireFox is: "Parts of this page is not secure (such as images)." There's a link to "Mixed Content Blocking" - but I cannot say it brings me any closer to a solution.
I'm really confused now, since I have done this exact setup for other applications before, without any trouble. If anyone has ANY input to point me in the right direction, it would be highly apprechiated!