Hello,
My name is Maria and I have installed jira on a physical server but I have thought it's better on a virtual server... How can I change the ServerID? Is it possible reinstall the software on other system with the same licence?
Regards.
HI Maria,
You don't have to change the Server ID. When you re-install JIRA on the Virtual Server you will just use the same license and you'll be good to go from there.
If you absolutely need to change the Server ID there is a knowledge base article titled Changing Server ID for Test Installations that goes over how to change the Server ID in the database.
There is a good knowledge base article titled Migrating JIRA applications to another server that goes over the specifics and will make sure the migration goes smoothly.
Cheers,
Branden
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.