Hi,
I am trying to access my JIRA installation from a domain name. I have tried adding:
address="helpdesk.itservicegroup.net" to the Context tag in server.xml . After that, I restarted the Jira service and Tomcat but I can only access Jira locally on the server by typing http://helpdesk.itservicegroup.net:8080" . From outside of the server, I cannot access it. I have also tried by adding an alias to the localhost Host.
<Alias>helpdesk.itservicegroup.net</Alias>
After adding the alias I can access Jira on the local server by typing either http://localhost:8080 or http://helpdesk.itservicegroup.net:8080 but not from outside the server.
I installed Fiddler and see that the request is not making its way to the server. It does not show up when I try to access helpdesk.itservice.group.net:8080 from my home machine.
I tried to add this to server.xml.
<Host name="helpdesk.itservicegroup.net" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Alias>helpdesk.itservicegroup.net</Alias>
<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" debug="0" privileged="true" />
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
directory="logs" prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
pattern="%h %l %u %t %r %s %b" resolveHosts="false" />
</Host>but then I get this message if I try to access it from the server machine itself in a browser.
[Fiddler] The connection to 'helpdesk.itservicegroup.net' failed.
Error: ConnectionRefused (0x274d).
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 68.193.144.220:8080
Saad
Saad