Team goal - replace current inhouse ticketing system and introduce PM methodology
I read all the documentation online for CORE, Software and Service Desk and I mean every page...
Based on my understanding, I plan to:
1. replace current in house ticketing system with JIRA service desk...seems straight forward
2. As the PM's we want to use the agile/scrum boards to provide management reporting of the tickets from the service desk and a better way for us to manage ticekts through burn-down etc...So we plan to utilize Software
3. The first question is to get the tickets from the service desk to software, is my only option to LINK tickets and if so, do we have to LINK every ticket indiviudally or is there a process that can port tickets over to Software? Do the status LINK, when a ticket is closed in Service desk does it close in Software or do we have to manually manage the tickets once in Service Desk?
4. Lastly, I am still trying to determine the ascertainable difference between CORE and Software. Why would I use one or the other?
Thank you so much in advance for your feedback