I have setup Jira Program as instructed using initiatives with one plan. I also configured my instance of Jira server to enable the dark feature -com.atlassian.portfolio.programView.
Yet I am unable to create a program in Portfolio. Is there documentation other than -https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/program-931037964.html that I need to read?
Thanks
Hi Joe,
I just tried this in a 7.4.1 instance and I was able to get the Program menu after enabling the dark feature. I did re-index as suggested. Once that was complete I went to Create:
From there I had the option to create a Program:
I did not see a version this is specific to, however, if you let me know what version of JIRA you are using I can see if that particular version could be the culprit.
Cheers,
Branden
A nagging doubt - did you also install and licence Portfolio?
I am currently using JIra 7.4.1 and Portfolio 2.3.0. Both have active licenses until end of Aug '17. I've disabled and re-enabled the dark feature for programview to see if that was the culprit - no go. In my view of the pulldown menu of Portfolio I still see "Create Plan" which tells me that the program feature has not been enabled.
Do I need to stop and re-start the service? What other optionsdo I have?
Thanks,
Joe
Do I need to stop and re-start the service? What other options do I have?
Yep, I am currently using JIra 7.4.1 and Portfolio 2.3.0. Both have active licenses until end of Aug '17.
If you made the changes and did not restart JIRA you will need to do so. Anytime you modify JIRA files in the JIRA_INSTALL or JIRA_HOME folder you will need to restart JIRA for those changes to take effect.
Hi Branden,
Thanks for the reply. I restarted the service and performed a reindexing. No change.
Any other suggestions?
Regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.